Frequently asked questions
We are often asked how we go about planning the entertainment for your party or event. We've put together this page with some of the most commonly asked questions.
We would like to book a DJ for our wedding. How do we go about it?
- Well you're on the right site! We DJ for weddings in North Wales and cover a wide range of music & styles! Look at our DJs page first. You can also read through our Reviews - all of which are taken from Facebook or Twitter. All of our prices are on our website, so you can work out how much it will cost. You will also get a better deal by booking a Package deal instead! Then use the Contact Us page – we can check the date and one of our team will get back to you.
Can we submit a playlist of our favourite songs?
- Yes, you are welcome to submit a playlist as a guide for your event. However, we do ask that you limit requests to a maximum of 20 songs, as we will then adapt the music around your suggestions. We usually take requests on the ngiht too, and our DJs use their experience and knowledge to play the night as it should be. Your playlist can include a first dance, or any songs from your stag/hen parties. These will be used by our DJ for reference on the night (although we can’t guarantee that all songs will be played)
Please note we cannot accept CDs or music files on the day.
Can we also hire a system for our speeches?
- Yes, we have a mini PA system available to hire for your afternoon speeches, or as an extra for any party or event. You can plug your own iPod or MP3 player in and play background music, and it also comes with two radio mics for your own use.
What is the Magic Mirror?
- Our Magic Selfie Mirror is our exciting new way to entertain your guests!
It works very much like a Photo Booth in that your guests have their photo taken, and get a free print each time.
But instead of going inside a booth, they stand in front of our full length mirror and smile! You can see prices on our Magic Mirror page
Find out more about how the Magic Mirror works by watching our demonstration:
Can we have a Photo Guest Book with the Magic Mirror?
- Yes of course! We offer two packages with the Magic Selfie Mirror - you can see them all here
How does the Photo Booth work?
- The photo booth comes with fancy dress hats, wigs & props, along with other props. Your guests will enter and choose their fun background. Our Photo Booths are fully digital, with touch screens and green screen background.
Our team member stays with the booth all night and operates it for you. They will also compile your photo Guest Book if you have that option!
How does the Photo Booth look?
You can see photos of our Photo Booth in our gallery. They have been designed by us, and so are stunning and unique. We have three booths with different designs.
Our Photo Booths can also be branded to suit your event - for example with your company logo.
Can I give my guests key rings or fridge magnets as wedding favours?
- Yes, we offer that as an option on our price list. Some people are happy for us to sell key rings, fridge magnets and photo frames to their guests, but we can also price up the cost of providing a free key ring or fridge magnet to each of your guests. Ask for further details!
What is your Video Diary and how does it work?
- The Video Diary Option looks exactly like our Photo Booths, but includes an HD Video Camera and simply films videos all night of your guests.
Your guests come in and leave you a video message wearing fancy dress, hats, wigs & props. It's great fun to watch back!
You then receive a Video Album of all your videos edited together within 28 days. YOu can also have an optional DVD/USB. Have a read of our Video Diary page for more info!
Do you film in HD?
- Yes, the video is filmed at 1080i HD and will look stunning.
Can I order extra copies of my video?
- Yes, we're happy to provide you with extra copies of your Video Diary - on either DVD or USB stick. These are charged at £20 per extra copy.
What is the Video Album?
- The Video Albums are an amazing way to show to keep your video, amd show friends and family. the best way to get an idea is to watch this:.
How long does it take to edit the video?
- We usually aim to have your video edited and returned to you within 28 days during peak months.
Can we play with real cash on the Fun Casino tables?
- No, our Fun Casino tables are only for fun. So no real money can change hands. You can add Fun Dollars to your booking for an extra £30 - these are personalised for extra fun, with your photo or logo in the middle!
How does the game work?
- Your guests can simply turn up at our tables, and our friendly croupiers will welcome them. If your guests don't know how to play, we are happy to explain the games and make it fun for them!
If you have booked the Fun Money, they trade these in at the table for chips. The person at the end of the game with the most chips is the winner!
Do you bring prizes for the Fun Casino games?
- Yes, we do. We bring along two prizes for the winners.
However, we suggest that you can provide you own prizes if you wish. Just let our team know when they arrive.
Do you only do weddings and parties?
- No, we can work on any event planning, from setting up conferences and presentations to birthdays, staff parties and christenings.
How much will my event cost?
- We have all our prices on website, so you can price up the options you want and you can easily compare. We think it's fair to publish our prices, to make it easier for you and save you time getting quotes.
If you are looking for something specific, we can provide you with a full written quote. Because every event is different, these will be personalised to your specific requirements.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
- We take a minimum deposit of 25% to secure the booking. This is payable within 14 days of your booking. You will then be given a receipt.
Can we pay upfront?
Yes of course, just ask and we can arrange it for you.
How can I pay?
- Payment can be made by:
Bank transfer: Bank: HSBC Account Name: “EVENT LOUNGE Ltd” Sort: 40-30-07 AC: 81819178
Cheque: Please make any cheques payable to “Event Lounge Ltd” and post to: Event Lounge, PO Box 202, Rhos On Sea, Colwyn Bay, LL29 0EU
PayPal or Debit/Credit Card: You can make payment yourself by Debit/Credit card or using your PayPal account - simply click on our Payments Page - just remember to enter your Event Date & Surname
Which areas do you cover?
- Most of the time we are happy to travel anywhere on the North Wales Coast, and into Cheshire. Most of our events are in Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Abergele, Llanrwst & Llandudno Junction. We also regularly travel to Anglesey, Bangor, Caernarfon, Chester and Wrexham. Our fees include travel within a 30 mile radius of Colwyn Bay. Any further mileage will be charged at £1 per mile
Are you compliant with GDPR legislation?
- Yes we are. Your privacy and how your data is handled is very important to us. Your booking forms will be sent password protected and we don’t take payments over the phone - these will all be processed by bank transfer or handled by PayPal. So you know they're secure.